My Diet & Exercise Thread

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Because I've been kicked by my doctor I am going to up my diet and exercise regimen. I'm at 215 pounds, and according to https://dietfitnesswellnesscenter.health.msn.com

I should be in the 145-150 lb range. Last time I was that weight was in 7th grade, but by dropping weight I am going to make it much easier to control my blood pressure and other issues... so 145-150 may not be realistic but it's a start. Saddina was kind enough to spend some time on the phone with me and my health issues and we've talked about how to change my meat and potatoes type diet into something more heart healthy.

With the aid of the site she gave me, and doc and family support I'm going to get started on this. According to the site I'll be in great shape if I drop 48% of my body weight
smile.png

Anybody else want to join me on this epic adventure? Or laugh at me as it doesn't work? haha

And since I have to loose a great deal of muscle mass to achieve these goals, I'm sticking to strictly cardio and aerobic type exercise, no resistance at all.

Last edited:
Add Organic cider vinegar to your regiment. Two tbsps. in the am and two in the pm. It will help the chlor. and tri. if you have that issue, and make the belly go flat faster.

Good luck; its so hard to be good when we have been so bad for so long!!!

Quote:
well of course silly, but I thought I'd embarrass myself in a thread where everyone has an equal chance to laugh at me
smile.png

I'll join in. Boyd just get some of Jillian Michaels or the Biggest Loser tapes, they really kick some butt. What's nice is that they are geared towards both men and women, not just one sided.
wink.png

Wanting to improve your health and making an honest attempt at it, should not be embarrasing. I would suggest that you scrap the I should be at such and such a number. Whenever we start out like that we are setting ourselves up already to fail. I'm not saying everyone does but the majority do. Set tiny goals at first. Each time you achieve one it will give you that much more of an incentive to keep going. Also gauge your overall success at this by how you feel. That's the most important thing.
I go along with WW on the acv twice a day. It does help!~

I'd be happy to go to 160/170 ish. If I can go down more though I suppose I will, I want to be around for my kiddos graduating college so its drastic measures and my wake up call
smile.png

I know it won't happen overnight, but I figure I'll make a great effort and see how I'm doing.

Monday I am cleaning out the fridge, going grocery shopping and buying veggies since my garden is finally finished.

Back
Top Bottom