1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My dog EMERGENCY!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chicken Charlotte, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    My dog is always yelping for some reason, not every second but sometimes occasionally. He has been yelping since last night, he was like limping kind of and when I touched places he would yelp REALLY loud [​IMG] . And sometimes he just randomly gets locked in weird positions and you cant do anything about it.
    What is wrong with my darling Tommy? [​IMG]

2. tball

tball Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    hemphill,tx
    what kind of dog and how old?

3. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Spine problem. Take to vet immediately, he could respond to an anti-inflammatory if gets help soon enough. Take the poor guy to a vet before this becomes super expensive.

4. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Sounds like the dog got hit by a car and has a broken leg or back.

I suggest taking it to an emergency vet clinic. Time would be of the essense whatever it is, seeing as the dog is in agony and all.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    I agree. Have him seen as soon as possible. My bijon-pom mix was similar with each of her two torn cruciate ligaments. And the neighbor's nonsense with his broken spine. Hope it's the simplest answer, with the least painful treatment, (and bill!).

mm

Just read this after I hit the submit button only to realize that the website filter doesn't approve of little chinese dogs with names that contain four letter words! My daughter and I are rolling on the floor![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I would suggest a vet.

7. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Dogs are like any other animal. They tolerate a lot of pain and hide a lot of pain before they show it. Whatever is going on with him is extremely painful for him. If it were my dog I'd have him to a vet today.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sounds very much like arthritic symptoms associaed with possibly Lyme disease. It's time for a visit to the veterinarian.

9. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    your pos states what this is...
    an emergency...
    VET...

anything that involves random yelping incidates PAIN (and dogs are typically stoic creatures not showing pain) the fact this is combined with a limp makes it even more clear theres something going on.

this somehting could be smple or it could be serious, but only a vet can tell you.

pinched nerve, luxating patella (bad knee), degrading Hip, slipped disk, fracture/break, sting/bite/splinter to the paw pad
    plus im sure there are things that i havent thoruhg ouf that coule be causing this...please if you cant get him to a vet tonight, get him to the vet as an emergency patient tomorrow morning, at the very least they can give you an idea to the cause and give him soemthing for the pain.

untill then try and keep him quiet and relaxed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by