My Dog has heartworm

Yes, it's best with food. If it upsets her tummy, ask the vet about splitting her daily dose into twice a day rather than once per day.
Mary
She gets 2 1/2 pills in the morning and 2 1/2 at night so the dosage is already split up. They said if her stomach gets upset or if shes coughing to let them know so they can reduce the dosage.

Duchess got her first injection today. She's in a lot of pain. Shes not complaining but she bares her teeth at me if I touch her. I gave her her pain meds but she only ate half her dinner. I hope the meds kick in soon. I left the food in her bowl in case she feels well enough to eat. She seems to be breathing normal but she twitches like she is in pain. She is laying down in a crate in our living room. I hate the fact that we have to do this 2 more times. The whole thing was really stressful for her. The dogs in the shelter were barking constantly and stressed her out:hmm

That IM injection does hurt! Next time, get her pain meds in sooner, as in the morning she gets the injection, before, not after. Also ask about having more pain meds for her;
call the vet tomorrow.
Sometimes things just have to happen, even if they hurt.
Mary

That IM injection does hurt! Next time, get her pain meds in sooner, as in the morning she gets the injection, before, not after. Also ask about having more pain meds for her;
call the vet tomorrow.
Sometimes things just have to happen, even if they hurt.
Mary
They didnt give me the meds until an hour(around 2ish) after the injection. She seemed fine up until around 4. I didnt make it home until 3 and I had to do my chicken chores. Next time I will give it sooner but they only gave her 4 pain pills! I hope that's enough:idunno

Could I see a pic of her?
Of right now or an older one? She's laying down right now so I cant get a good one. This is her wrapped up in my sweatshirt
20191207_181152.jpg

Full body pic
20190907_175333.jpg

Back
Top Bottom