*my* dog killed a neighbor's chicken!!!!

I'm quite afraid though, since my neighbors own aggressive dogs. What should I do if one of my chickens dies? My children are quite attached to them and I don't want them to be sad. I noticed this topic and I would like to know what to do. Please help!

Otherwise, that's great news! Best of luck to you later on!

-Jeym

I'm quite afraid though, since my neighbors own aggressive dogs. What should I do if one of my chickens dies? My children are quite attached to them and I don't want them to be sad. I noticed this topic and I would like to know what to do. Please help!

Otherwise, that's great news! Best of luck to you later on!

-Jeym

What you do is you take every precaution you can to prevent it from happening - meaning you fence your birds in and predators out. Taking appropriate measures can provide a pretty good level of security. Nothing is foolproof, but *most* dogs will give up with the right level of deterrence.

What you do is you take every precaution you can to prevent it from happening - meaning you fence your birds in and predators out.  Taking appropriate measures can provide a pretty good level of security.  Nothing is foolproof, but *most* dogs will give up with the right level of deterrence.

Thanks! That will help me very much when they move outside (which will hopefully be soon, the living room smells like a dump! Better out than in ;)

I am so sorry your dog got out. Maybe you buy an electric fence or one of those collars that creates a barrier. I have a friend who had chickens and a Queensland Healer. No matter what training she tried every few days she would eat a chicken. The dog would dig under heavy chicken wire, break down barriers. Eventually she got rid of the chickens. Please apologize sincerely to your neighbor. And definitely a $100 gift cart to local feed shop would help.

Yes, well then I suggest you address the PROBLEM here. The problem is the thug/psycho/drug dealer that owns the dogs.

Killing those poor dogs won't solve the problem. Be creative.

What do you suggest be done with human aggressive dogs, exactly?

I am not a fan of dogs who have proven they will bite people.

What do you suggest be done with human aggressive dogs, exactly?

I am not a fan of dogs who have proven they will bite people.

First off, they should have secure and safe homes AWAY from people that will provoke them.

Secondly, I am a fan of dogs who have proven they will bite people WHEN they bite to enforce established boundaries they are often called PROTECTION dogs and are very valued for their traits by RESPONSIBLE dog owners that believe in secure fencing and the proper care of their animals.

Last edited:
First off, they should have secure and safe homes AWAY from people that will provoke them.

Secondly, I am a fan of dogs who have proven they will bite people WHEN they bite to enforce established boundaries they are often called PROTECTION dogs and are very valued for their traits by RESPONSIBLE dog owners that believe in secure fencing and the proper care of their animals.
Since none of this seems to apply to the dogs mentioned in this thread, a different option (like killing the dogs) would seem to be the answer. These dogs are NOT in a safe, secure home away from people. They are roaming the streets, according to the poster. These dogs are not establishing boundaries and are not being PROTECTIVE. They are a dangerous pack, roaming the streets and apparently owned by IRRESPONSIBLE dog owners. I think SavageDestiny was asking what you suggest be done with these particular dogs.

you aint gonna see no feathers unless he had one stuck between his teeth or was carrying one in his hand, second, chickens make a very small blood print anyway it would be hard to actually see blood on him unless he smeared some on his face. the dog prob. was only playing and got a little rough. if you want to really make it right go tell the guy he should keep his chickens put up and that you are gonna let your dog out each day and train your dog to bring them back home, pluck them and fry them up.

you aint gonna see no feathers unless he had one stuck between his teeth or was carrying one in his hand, second, chickens make a very small blood print anyway it would be hard to actually see blood on him unless he smeared some on his face. the dog prob. was only playing and got a little rough. if you want to really make it right go tell the guy he should keep his chickens put up and that you are gonna let your dog out each day and train your dog to bring them back home, pluck them and fry them up.

You are responding to a situation that's already been resolved peacefully!! Read the whole thread!! ;)

David

Protection dogs, REAL protection dogs, DO NOT wander off their property and attack people. They are trained to recognize actual threats and respond appropriately. A REAL protection dog has been bred and trained to stay on its own property and not to attack random people in the street doing no harm. A dog that wanders around randomly and bites people is absolutely not a protection dog. That is a human aggressive dog and is not safe for society.

Back
Top Bottom