My dogs,Flock, and I almost died

RiDaGeckoGuy

Songster
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh county, OK
Came 3 feet away from a large coyote while locking up chickens. My 60-70 lb black lab blutick mix and my 120-130 pound German shepherd mix chased it off I found it trying to kill my neighbors puppies but then it saw me once my dogs chased it off it came back trying to get in the run and a family friend 2 blocks down had a weiner dog with chunks token out of it barely alive.

The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation (ODWC) is responsible for managing, protecting, and perpetuating Oklahoma's wildlife. You can call the game wardens for Pittsburg County at the following numbers:

• Lt. Dru Polk: (580) 513-6866
  • Shane Fields: (918) 470-5097
  • Matthew Penwright: (918) 429-3908
  • Thomas Gillham: (580) 271-0808

I had a coyote come check me and my horse out the other day while I was walking it. The coyote followed along like a dog but when I made eye contact, it's entire body changed. I met aggression with aggression and went after him with the dressage whip I had with me. I'm talking a real, German made leather dressage whip that I've had for 30 years. I know how to use that thing and went after that coyote with precision from years of experience. He couldn't figure out why he was in pain. Why his eyes were suddenly full of German leather. Or what was biting his back. Or why his front legs kept tripping him. He retreated, ran across the pasture where the pony attacked him, and the coyote barely made his escape into the woods. I trapped him the next day and the game warden picked him up. The coyote will be euthanized and tested for rabies. I leave wild animals alone but when they come after me in such a manner there will be consequences. If I hadn't had that whip, the ending of this story would be very different. The only reason why I was carrying the whip was so I would not forget to take it to the house and clean it.

The animal control is just police officers with no training my dad got hired on the police force and they put him on animal duty but it’s a small town of 800 people in a hole surrounded by forest and hills
Then ask your dad.
And yes, if the person feels threatened. Up to local authorities if they want to pursue charges. The small town sounds unlikely to have good faith to bring charges.

Back
Top Bottom