My dog's poop is yellow!

yeahLauren

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 14, 2008
Muncie, IN
The last 2 nights, my dog has pooped out solid yellow turds. On Sunday, I bought her a cow knuckle bone and she has been chewing on it like crazy. This is the only change in her diet or anything. Do you think this could be the cause? Either way, she has a vet appointment on Friday for routine stuff. Thanks!

I know too much salt/ham makes it white, so maybe too much marrow makes it yellow
idunno.gif

Last edited:
many treats and rawhides (with additional coloring) can change things. Some foods even have a lot of dye in them which I won't use. Take her/him off anything new and see if there's a change.

It is from the bone. White poop is caused by a high percentage of calcium, either from chewing a bone or eating cheap food with a high bone meal content. It has nothing to do with salt, if a dog ate enough for its poop to turn white it would be quite unwell.

I figured it was from the bone. She eats a high quality food, Canidae, and never has any problems. Thanks for the responses.

I feed her Canidae, which has no corn in it at all.

I have hobbies, and a full time job, but I was just concerned about my dog.

It could be a Giardia infection. I would take a fecal sample, if her poop continues to be yellow, and give it to the vet. They will send it out to a lab for a test. That usually runs about $13-$18.

Make sure to get a fresh sample. Dont put it in the fridge because that will kill the giardia. Also, make sure you specify giardia test.

I read up on the Giardia infection a when I first noticed this problem, but I don't think that's what it is because she doesn't have any contact with wild animals. I'm pretty positive that was the knuckle bone.

Back
Top Bottom