my drake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a Scovy drake. Sorry, but he isn't a person or a dog. It's breeding season & he is hormonal. YOU have to be head drake, not his momma anymore. He may love on you once breeding season is over but then again he may not. You can still love him.
hugs.gif

yeah i know he's not a person or a dog, but i've heard of people who's drakes are still nice during breeding season. he's being good now. i tried to give them peas and corn, but they don't like them! Quackers my female is investigating them more than Duckie. i told him it's okay i wouldn't eat them either. so far so good tonight! i do love him. i let him chew on my shoes. whatever makes him happy. i will try to give him one of our epic kisses later.

Quote:
Please be VERY careful that he doesn't grab your lip or part of your face and bite you really hard. He can do some serious damage!! I went through the same sort of thing with my Muscovy drake when he started maturing. He went from being sweet and loving to attacking me - my legs, arms, anything he could reach. He got me pretty good a couple of times. When he bit, he would also TWIST his bill at the same time. LOTS of pain, believe me. I have also been attacked with wings and claws. Not a good feeling. One of my drakes put a serious hole in the back of my leg with a claw. Took forever to heal up. Each time, I would grab them, flip them carefully on their backs (don't want to hurt them) and hold them down. One of my drakes "gets it" after doing that a time or two, but the other is incredibly stubbor and nothing I have tried so far keeps him from attacking me. He is currently in a pen where I can change his water, food, etc. without having to actually go in the pen. Now he can't attack me, but I am not sure that is a permanent solution.

Good luck, and BE CAREFUL. They can hurt you badly.

Kathy

thank you for that. so far yesterday and today he's been okay. i think his issue is when i pick up the female. that's usually when he starts acting up. he recently bit my thumb and now i have a ducky bill shaped scar on my thumb. i will keep en eye out for him being mean.. i guess i will find another room to be in lol or lock him up in the bathroom for a bit. but so far so good. i hope it doesn't get any worse, but you never know!

Back
Top Bottom