MY DUCK IS MEAN - HELP

Smschiro

Chirping
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I have 2 drakes and 1 rescued hen. Over the course of 3-4 months my one drake has been becoming extremely mean. He constantly bites. He bites me bloody every chance he gets, which is multiple times a day. I’ve tried mounting him, this only makes him angrier. I’ve tried spending extra time with him, but he’s so fast at biting he’s gotten my face. I’ve tried giving him treats. Nothing seems to be working. My other drake, his brother is so sweet. And he used to be a sweetie. I don’t understand why he’s so mean or what to do about it. I don’t want to get rid of him. Can anyone give advice on what to please?!

How old is he? If he's under 2 years old, he's most likely growing. Have you noticed any hissing? It sounds like a snake: "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...." Do they live outside? And if they don't, do you let them outside? If you do, try checking around your backyard to see if there is anything scary. Ducks (especially males) who hiss is usually a sign of when they're scared.

Back
Top Bottom