my duck is obsessed with me. help.

mega

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2017
my 2 week old duck clyde lost his duck friends. he litteraly screams when we walk away or leave him alone. i have him inside right now, i either carry him around in a box or he follows me. i dont know what to do, my husband and i work. i dont want to get rid of him. we cant afford more heartbreak and our baby is due in a few weeks so we dont want more ducks again.

my 2 week old duck clyde lost his duck friends. he litteraly screams when we walk away or leave him alone. i have him inside right now, i either carry him around in a box or he follows me. i dont know what to do, my husband and i work. i dont want to get rid of him. we cant afford more heartbreak and our baby is due in a few weeks so we dont want more ducks again.
Maybe a comfort toy? We had a similar experience, and an old duster worked well.

Try getting it a feather duster, cuddly stuff toy & mirror. Feather duster mimics being under the hen, cuddly toy extra comfort & the mirror it will see it's reflection as another duckling. See my avatar ....

I would look for another Duckling....Once you have your Baby you won't have as much time to deal with a demanding lonely Duckling...Or give it away and get more Ducklings next year that you and the Baby can enjoy?.....

Best of luck with both of your Babies....:frow

Back
Top Bottom