My duck may have an impacted crop, what should I do

I would leave him with his buddies! As Miss Lydia said, if you are feeding mealworms, I think he may just need some grit. I would put a hold on treats until you can get him some!
When you say other ducks, do you mean his own age?
I stopped feeding the treats for a couple days now once I noticed the problem so hopefully with the grit, he will get better. And yes the other ducks are the same age as him

Scratch grains is not what you want. Scratch grains are treats. You need to buy an all flock or a grower. If you buy all flock then you'll never have to switch feed again just keep feeding the all flock all their lives. can you post a picture of your oil you have for them? and how much niacin is in it

Scratch grains is not what you want. Scratch grains are treats. You need to buy an all flock or a grower. If you buy all flock then you'll never have to switch feed again just keep feeding the all flock all their lives. can you post a picture of your oil you have for them? and how much niacin is in it
Thank you so much for letting me know. I am very new to this so this is very helpful. On the bottle it has nutrition for energy and performance , rich on omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids. I only gave it to them once so far because I am not sure how good it is.

Would this type of food work?

Attachments

• 40C10E9C-1A95-4C2E-B6E4-CA5CD0CE5D92.jpeg
    40C10E9C-1A95-4C2E-B6E4-CA5CD0CE5D92.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 2
It sounds like good stuff but with Pekins they really need a good dose of niacin daily.
So you need either nutritional yeast or liquid B complex. Liquid B complex is at TSC or other feed stores. Nutritional yeast is at health food stores or online. Some grocery stores like whole foods may also have Nutritional yeast.
That feed would work as long as the pellets aren't too big. Crumble would be better for ducklings under a month old.

Now when you say nutritional yeast, can it be like the one flakes in the picture ? If so, do I just sprinkle some on top of their food ?

Attachments

• 2905CEBC-057C-476B-952D-1A020E6B7355.jpeg
    2905CEBC-057C-476B-952D-1A020E6B7355.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom