My duck swallowed my earring.

We put the metal detector back up to my duck and it didn’t go off. The way it was going off when I put the other earring up to it, I think it definitely would have gone off if he still had it. Thank you so much! Just in case should I still give him the EDTA when it gets here? I think he passed it but I don’t want to have made a mistake.

Even after you think he's passed the earing, I would continue the precautions for probably a full week after you think its gone. Part of this has to do with the fact that its very possible his 'guts' may be a bit inflamed. (This is hard to prove but it makes sense.)

So you could keep him on the wet food for a week after and then ease him into dry food.

People do this with sled dogs. Sled dogs they only feed wet food because their bodies are in such pressure that dry food is really hard on them.

Even after you think he's passed the earing, I would continue the precautions for probably a full week after you think its gone. Part of this has to do with the fact that its very possible his 'guts' may be a bit inflamed. (This is hard to prove but it makes sense.)

So you could keep him on the wet food for a week after and then ease him into dry food.

People do this with sled dogs. Sled dogs they only feed wet food because their bodies are in such pressure that dry food is really hard on them.
Okay I’ll do that thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom