My Ducks Are Scared Of Me

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
I have 5 Pekin ducks, 3 Buff Orpington Ducks and 2 White Crested’s. They are 9.7 weeks old and are scared of me. I’ve never done anything that could have scared them. I feed them everyday and I spoil them! How do I make them like me?

Depends on how much you interact with them besides just treats. I spent hours and hours with 1 of our ducks and the rest i kinda ignored so the 1 will come up and let me pet her while the other only get close enough to snag food out of my hand and run

Depends on how much you interact with them besides just treats. I spent hours and hours with 1 of our ducks and the rest i kinda ignored so the 1 will come up and let me pet her while the other only get close enough to snag food out of my hand and run
They all stay together and never apart so I spend time with all of them because if I take one away they freak out

I have 5 Pekin ducks, 3 Buff Orpington Ducks and 2 White Crested’s. They are 9.7 weeks old and are scared of me. I’ve never done anything that could have scared them. I feed them everyday and I spoil them! How do I make them like me?
When my hens where young they were scared of me. As they got to know me and as I held them, they began to love me. I feed them treats every single day and now they think of me as the treat lady. LOL! Also they may not be scared of you. I chicken sat my neighbors chickens and they were terrified of humans. Your chickens may not necessarily be scared of you.

When my hens where young they were scared of me. As they got to know me and as I held them, they began to love me. I feed them treats every single day and now they think of me as the treat lady. LOL! Also they may not be scared of you. I chicken sat my neighbors chickens and they were terrified of humans. Your chickens may not necessarily be scared of you.
They are ducks. But thank you for the advice

Back
Top Bottom