My egg rolled during lockdown

EricaV

Hatching
Nov 7, 2018
I'm on day 21! YAY!! Came home from work to see that one of my eggs had moved tremendously. I actually saw it moving. Incredible!! The "x" was face down at lockdown and now it's rolled almost completely over...about 3/4 of the way around to the left to be exact. Will this be a problem for the chick to be in the right position? Also, I've heard no peeping and there is no pip yet. Thank you!! **UPDATE** 10 minutes after posting this I heard peeping!! :wee

Last edited:
The chick should start pipping soon! If it pips on the wrong end, turn it face up. Please update! :pop
I will! I started with 4. Lost one at about day 7. And 2 looked iffy at lockdown. So I'm pretty sure I only have the 1 survivor.

*UPDATE* Unfortunately I lost all 3 eggs. They were all fully developed. Just days from hatching when they died. There were several outside factors that affected this I believe. According to a lot of research, I was doing everything right. While I am disappointed, I'm still grateful for the knowledge gained. It was really interesting to study the development of the chicks. I was able to get some more eggs from a friend and have started another batch in incubation. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom