My Eggs from Sonew arrived!! I HAVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!

So happy for you! Cant wait to hear more. Ive been so caught up in this story. Reminds me of that travelers TV commercial, song called trouble, worry worry worry.!! Im starting a hatch in mid feb.It is hard to walk away from that bator,

and do you mind if I ask...........What is the plastic container with a lid in the middle of your bator? Is that to help hold temp?

Quote:
I couldn't find a water wiggler, so I took two plastic zip lock bags and put water in them and then twist tied them together. I inserted the probe of the thermometer in between the bags and put it in the sour cream cup. It gives me a better idea of how the temp inside the eggs is, and also, I think it acts as a heat sink to hold temps more stable. I have a glass jar in the bottom of the bator that you can't see for the same thing for another heat sink.

Quote:
I have wool, because I'm a spinner. I didn't think of that. I saw someone on here (can't remember who) with the feather duster idea and they reported it worked well. It really does.

jumpy.gif
Farmer Benjii~
jumpy.gif
8-D :

Come on chickens, HATCH HATCH HATCH!

Wow! i made a quote
wink.png

Well anyways, hatch chikeys hatch!
I hope you hatch nice plump healthy chickens
wink.png

OFFTOPIC'
Incase anyone wants to know about the quote system here it is
Kay, so... this is how it works, most of you know but anyways....
so in a post it will say [someone] wrote:
And for that this is how it works...
(quote= Winky guy
wink.png
)and if you did that this is what would happen (you will see i used these: (), but you are ment to use these []...)
Winky guy
wink.png
:

Example
wink.png

then after you wrote (quote= Winky guy
wink.png
) but with the [] as i explained before you can write what you want and after you have wrote something you just add this : (/quote) (but with []'s like before
wink.png
)

Sooo....
Look, i turned a post into a basic thread 8-D :

jumpy.gif
Farmer Benjii~
jumpy.gif
8-D :

Come on chickens, HATCH HATCH HATCH!

Wow! i made a quote
wink.png

Well anyways, hatch chikeys hatch!
I hope you hatch nice plump healthy chickens
wink.png

OFFTOPIC'
Incase anyone wants to know about the quote system here it is
Kay, so... this is how it works, most of you know but anyways....
so in a post it will say [someone] wrote:
And for that this is how it works...
(quote= Winky guy
wink.png
)and if you did that this is what would happen (you will see i used these: (), but you are ment to use these []...)
Winky guy
wink.png
:

Example
wink.png

then after you wrote (quote= Winky guy
wink.png
) but with the [] as i explained before you can write what you want and after you have wrote something you just add this : (/quote) (but with []'s like before
wink.png
)​

Sorry, i get carried away sometime...
Hatch chickens?​

No, no! They aren't messed up. They just look like they have "extra" toes compared to other chickens. I think they are normal. They get her around just fine! They are black and shiny and have "extra toes". I think they are perfect!

I was so caught up in your humidity meter I went and bought one to go with my thermometer and the 2 thermometers are only .2 degrees off (phew!!) my humidity is sitting steady at 55% is that enough or too low? I fear I have a new obsession and right now I'm hatching vicariously through Blessed!

Quote:
thats a tad high..just let it go down naturally-dont take any water out the humidity will go down in the next couple days all by itself:) 40% for the first 18 days is great..

Back
Top Bottom