My Embden goose is wheezing when it exhales

Jan 2, 2021
My Embden goose Chika has been wheezing every time she exhales for the past 3 days. it sounds like a soft hiss. i don't know what's wrong with her and i really need help.

Could you post a video? To post a video, upload it to a video platform like youtube, and copy/paste the link here.

thx but any idea what's wrong with Chika?

Wheezing can be anything from respiratory disease, foreign obstruction of the trachea, either caused by trauma resulting in edema; when a bird is immunosuppressed fungal spores can cultivate inside the airway causing an obstruction. Blockages in the trachea resulting from inhalation of seeds, or other material is also a possibility. Internal pressure on the lungs caused by tumors, egg yolk peritonitis, hepatic lipidosis, or organ failure can cause wheezing as well.

Most likely she inhaled something into her trachea, but without any sort of video, it's hard to make suggestions.

i monitored her wheezing and it stopped yesterday. when i went into the coop this morning, it had started again but now i could see she had a piece of hay stuck in her nostril. i was able to remove it and the wheezing stopped. tysm for the help!

Back
Top Bottom