your dad your mom
Bb Bb
/ \\
B B
or
B b
or
b b

*they can have BB(brown)---Bb (brown w/ recessive trait)--and bb (blue)

Last edited:
Quote:
VERY interesting! Makes a lot of sense too.

I actually have one blue eye and one blue and brown eye. Yup. One eye is two colors. Totally throws people off when they realize it. Freaky genetics at play there for sure.

There are at least six genes that control eye color, not counting recombination changes that occur during meiosis and early mitosis. It's quite possible for two blue-eyed parents to produce a brown-eyed child.

Now, if both your parents are blood type O- and you're AB+, then I'd start asking Mom some serious questions!
tongue.png
No worries, I think we've all got at least one in our families that seems to be the mailman's kid. My maternal grandmother and grandfather both have blue eyes and straight, thin, light brown hair, but managed to produce one green-eyed brown-haired daughter, one dark brown-eyed daughter with thick curly black hair, another daughter and son who looked like them, and a brown-eyed brown-haired son.

Either your great grandparents or the generations before had brown eyes. Alot of timeshair color, eye color, skin tone, ect can skip a few generations before showing up but still be in the genes.

Read the article in post #15, guys. Blue eyed parents can have brown eyed kids. Not common, but it certainly occurs. The genetics are complicated.

I was also taught in school that blue eyed parents cannot have a brown eyed child. I have learned over the years that I was taught several things in school that were not true, for example, that the smallest particle is an atom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
interesting. So you are saying if my parents have the same blood type but mine is different we can't be related? I don't know mine, but it would be interesting to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom