my family wont eat "home grown" eggs........

I recommend you insist on those snotty kids of yours writing a detailed essay describing every single reason they can think of why they believe store bought eggs are superior to farm fresh eggs. If their reasons outnumber your reasons why farm fresh eggs are superior, then and only then will you buy them eggs to eat from the store.

You could show them pictures of how commercial chickens are kept that produce the store bought eggs. Compare them to how your chickens are raised. Do they feel good about supporting the companies that keep those chickens in tiny cages?

Sometimes a little guilt can go a long way.

And if guilt doesn't work, then I say if they want store bought eggs, they can use their own gas, time and money to go buy some. And cook them. And clean up the dishes afterwards. I wouldn't support their illogical bias in any way, shape or form.

I agree if they want store bought eggs tell them to go buy them .. with their own money.
also agree if they dont eat what is there.... they go hungry..... spoiled....
Its too bad more spoiled AMERICANS cant change places with the many hungry of this world......
what a wasteful society this is...
take care and good luck

Just show you're family how the cheap eggs from the shop are produced. After looking at this video, they probably won't ever eat the factory eggs if they have a choice.

A why to eat byc eggs report on youtube from all over the world:

Last edited:
I am a picky eater too. I know my logic is not right, but I grew up finding great comfort in "sterilized" mass produced grocery store food. Anyways, what changed my attitude towards store bought eggs was seeing how the egg farm hens (battery hens) are treated. Show your family the conditions the poor battery hens are kept, and let them then decide if they want eggs from those hens (which often are over a month old before making it to the grocery store), or fresh eggs from happy chickens.

That would be terribly frustrating, especially your mother, who should really know better. type in "factory farms chickens" and you will see where those store bought eggs really come from.
I agree with ignoring their nonsense, I just would not buy eggs and sell your extras. If they will not eat the eggs it is their loss.

You could show them pictures of how commercial chickens are kept that produce the store bought eggs. Compare them to how your chickens are raised. Do they feel good about supporting the companies that keep those chickens in tiny cages?

Sometimes a little guilt can go a long way.

And if guilt doesn't work, then I say if they want store bought eggs, they can use their own gas, time and money to go buy some. And cook them. And clean up the dishes afterwards. I wouldn't support their illogical bias in any way, shape or form.
Agree 100%.

The bottom line is that most people prefer not to know where their food comes from. They'd be perfectly fine imagining it made by scientists in a lab, but are grossed out at the thought of it coming from organic life forms that eat, breath, poo, and bleed. It just takes education, and time, but they will soon be spreading the word too once they understand the reality of it.

Back
Top Bottom