My favorite game. Is this a cockerel or pullet?

I agree, Blue Andulusian Pullet. When they’re cockerels, they very loudly let you know quite frequently. Mine is pictured at about 13 weeks.

Attachments

• D3A2B19C-2A7D-4ED6-A4B6-55741820479A.jpeg
    D3A2B19C-2A7D-4ED6-A4B6-55741820479A.jpeg
    961.7 KB · Views: 14
I agree, Blue Andulusian Pullet. When they’re cockerels, they very loudly let you know quite frequently. Mine is pictured at about 13 weeks.
Just wanted to post pics of this young hen. She did turn out to be a hen indeed obviously. But the Blue Andelusian are supposed to lay white eggs and she is lying blue green ones!!! So far she only lays once every 7 days or so. The other chicken I got with her (both we’re supposed to be sapphire hen) lays brown. So maybe she has some Easter egger in her? All her features are textbook BA. Just goes to show chicken genetics are very mysterious.

Attachments

• 86281DEA-F767-4D3D-9B3D-EB879C8DD2EE.jpeg
    86281DEA-F767-4D3D-9B3D-EB879C8DD2EE.jpeg
    706 KB · Views: 9
  • 8DF219F9-C297-4352-ADB0-0926FF12E7C1.jpeg
    8DF219F9-C297-4352-ADB0-0926FF12E7C1.jpeg
    918.1 KB · Views: 9
Just wanted to post pics of this young hen. She did turn out to be a hen indeed obviously. But the Blue Andelusian are supposed to lay white eggs and she is lying blue green ones!!! So far she only lays once every 7 days or so. The other chicken I got with her (both we’re supposed to be sapphire hen) lays brown. So maybe she has some Easter egger in her? All her features are textbook BA. Just goes to show chicken genetics are very mysterious.
Sapphire GEM is what I meant to say

Pullet. If her earlobes turn white, then she is a blue andalusian.
Well, at least I guessed her gender right. :p
Should’ve said that if she lays white eggs she’s an andalusian. Also, I think you’re right about her being an Easter egger hybrid.

Well, at least I guessed her gender right. :p
Should’ve said that if she lays white eggs she’s an andalusian. Also, I think you’re right about her being an Easter egger hybrid.
I think she is mostly BA!!! I mean she is the spitting image. That’s why the green eggs are so hilarious. Like, huh?!

Back
Top Bottom