My first building!

How interesting and creative!
How did you curve the clear panels?

I made the coop 6 ft by 7ft
Does that include the nests(what I assume are nests on both sides)?

Welcome to BYC!
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-3-27_18-32-3.png

How interesting and creative!
How did you curve the clear panels?

Does that include the nests(what I assume are nests on both sides)?

Welcome to BYC!
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
View attachment 1716619

I heated up the panels with a hair dryer and the sun on a hot day and then fastened them in to the curved 2*4s.
And yes, I have three nest boxes built in to one of the ‘wings’ and the other wing is open floor space.

Looks nice though as always I have to ask, how much ventilation do you have in there?

I have some ventilation underneath where the roof meets the wall and am planning on adding some more on the taller part of the coop. I’m working on getting vent covers made for the tall parts since I live in the Willamette valley, where rain often goes sideways in the winter and I want to make sure they have air but aren’t getting rained on.

I have some ventilation underneath where the roof meets the wall and am planning on adding some more on the taller part of the coop. I’m working on getting vent covers made for the tall parts since I live in the Willamette valley, where rain often goes sideways in the winter and I want to make sure they have air but aren’t getting rained on.

Good to hear, I think the high parts of the roof would be an ideal place to add ventilation and some louvers should help with any rain that might be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom