My First Chocolate Male Muscovy!

Still no pics?????????? :idunno

Question..........What makes a chocolate muscovy a true chocolate muscovy? Can a solid white and brown scovy breed and have what we call a "chocolate muscovy" or do both parents have to be chocolate/brown?

Still no pics??????????
idunno.gif

Question..........What makes a chocolate muscovy a true chocolate muscovy? Can a solid white and brown scovy breed and have what we call a "chocolate muscovy" or do both parents have to be chocolate/brown?
My chocolates originated from parents that are the normal looking black with white.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I've bred hundreds of Muscovy ducklings and this is the first time I've seen a chocolate male. I'm a novice Muscovy breeder, so I have no idea what the norm is.

-Kathy
Ah, well you've got far more experience than I do. I rescued Felix as an egg from a local park, and he hatched--solid brown. I may be seeing the beginnings of white on his wings now, though.

Still no pics??????????
idunno.gif

Here...

http://www.muscovyduckcentral.com/genetics.html

I have got two chocolate ducks here from my birds BUT the one was from a blue duck who has chocolate and the drake turned to chocolate and then the last chocolate was from a chocolate duck and my drake, well he again has turned chocolate. Muscovy are quite well, the expression still waters run deep, they are very good at hiding the true colours, and will change as they age.

I haven't noticed any color changes in mine, they hatch either black or chocolate and never change.

-Kathy

Last edited:
My chocolates change EVERY year. I sit back and wait to see what color they will be from year to year. Sometimes that are dark brown, some times they are light brown. I think I'm up to having about 9 brown scovys now.

Must be the water, lol. Sure wish I knew what pair(s) produced what I now think are three males.

-Kathy

My chocolates change EVERY year. I sit back and wait to see what color they will be from year to year. Sometimes that are dark brown, some times they are light brown. I think I'm up to having about 9 brown scovys now.

Mine do get sun bleached, but that's it. Some of the blacks will look brown, but right back to glossy black as soon as they molt.

-Kathy

Kathy you can borrow my boy. He "flew" in (or his owner dropped him off in my yard) from somewhere a few years ago and he never left. I always had solid whites but when he arrived, all of that changed. He has produced some beautiful solid browns.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom