my first EGG from one of my 6 RIR's

woot.gif
So happy for all of you guys! I am a way bit behind you, sitting with 9 12 week old pullets,,, maybe for a Christmas present from my girls!

Keep us posted!

we have 3 Golden Lakens, 6 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 of Tysons Finest and they are all around 20 weeks old :)

we should be having eggs in just a little while :)

i noticed the other day that in the nesting boxes are starting to be used and nest are being made :)

shouldnt be long now :)

congrats on all the "breakfast delights"

getting "egg"cited :)

Hi Bayside Chicks!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
Is that Bayside, NY? I'm not too far from there. I have 12 week old assortment of ladies, so it will be a while for me. I have 2 red sex link Golden Buffs, so hoping they will be my first eggs lone around December sometime. Who knows. Right now I have my nests blocked off in my coop cause I have a few loner type personalities that I know would jump down off the roost bar and sleep in those overnight. lol. i can't wait to get those ready, take the wire off the boxes, put some soft hay down, and put the wood eggs we bought to give them the idea. Just love raising these chickens, and so happy I found this site. I have learned so much here!

FlewDaCoop- Your girls look happy and healthy! I am going to snap some pics today of my RIR for you to see. Getting bigger every day! Love their red combs!

MB

I have five hens and one rooster. My youngest hen is about 20 weeks old now. She hasn't begun laying eggs yet, but she should be soon. My older hens are very good layers! I get an egg a day from each of them. By the end of the week, these four hens give me 28 beautiful and delicious eggs. I love my chickens!

To those of you who are still waiting for eggs, be patient. It will happen soon enough. Your reward is on its way. :cd

OP, I have 2 RIR that are 19weeks and have had bright red combs for a few weeks. No eggs yet, but one looks like her comb is slightly paler today but otherwise robust and healthy. Does that happen to yours right before laying. This has been a totally new adventure for me and I can't wait for that first egg!!

no Bayside, Virginia :) but we are having a blast with all the hens and the one Rooster isnt even old enough yet to bother the hens so everyone is happy :)

still cant figure out how to post pics on here but i am sure in time i will be able to

have a good one

I have five hens and one rooster. My youngest hen is about 20 weeks old now. She hasn't begun laying eggs yet, but she should be soon. My older hens are very good layers! I get an egg a day from each of them. By the end of the week, these four hens give me 28 beautiful and delicious eggs. I love my chickens!
To those of you who are still waiting for eggs, be patient. It will happen soon enough. Your reward is on its way. :cd

Our youngest hen laid her first egg today. Unfortunately, we noticed it too late. It apparently got trampled on and was eaten up. I will be watching for it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom