My First Egg!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cpegram, Aug 22, 2010.

1. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

My first egg UGH finally at 18 1/2 weeks I guess one hen isn't a free loader anymore [​IMG] not sure who laid it either by black or red stars for sure..... [​IMG] Just happy I finally made it!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dee88

dee88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas
    The egg looks big in your little girl's hands but not so big next to the nickel! CONGRATS [​IMG]

3. cpegram

LOL yeah i know which is why i did both .............maybe get another tomorrow........of course it wasn't laid in the nesting box but in the corner of the coop....

4. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hey! Congrats on your first egg, I think it is the break in the heat that has them getting cranked up. Mine have been laying for about two weeks now, but they seem to wait until we have a small break (right after a thunderstorm, early morning).

I see you are from Manchester, howdy neighbor, kinda. We are in Southside (Montgomery County)

5. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] YEAH!!! [​IMG]

6. cpegram

Hey Sheaviance yes we are neighbors!!! I actually work in Smyrna even closer....man i was thinking i was never gonna get any eggs....very happy.....looking forward to tomorrow... [​IMG]

7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!

8. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    I remember my first egg!! My husband said I ran around the house all excited, you would have thought I laid it!

Happy day!!

9. petesgirl

petesgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm sooo jealous! Congrats!!!!

10. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Congrats on the beautiful egg! I was so excited for my first and I get excited for everyone else too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by