My First Eggs!!!

It is awesome, we got our first on 12/6, then two on 12/7, but none today!
sad.png

I got my first eggs today too! One was laid early this morning. Late in the afternoon I was preparing their food and water because I am going to be gone for a while and found a soft egg in the middle of the coop. The morning egg was in the nesting boxes. One out of two isn't bad. I am surprised that they started on exactly the same day! How many others have had the same experience?

:/no eggs today...was hoping to make an omlet this morning! Oh well...back to waiting!

Oct 21st we had our first 3 eggs. During the month of November the girls gave us a total of 6 dozen eggs! That is with 15 hens, and I'm sure not all of them are laying yet cuz we only get between 3-5 daily.

I'm so happy for you! YAY!
clap.gif

Wow! That's a lot of eggs! We have 7 girls- 2 RIR, 2 BO, 2 Jersey Giants, and 1 white leghorn. The weather has been very up and down lately with it being in the 30's for the past 3 days. (I live in Florida). Maybe when it warms up tomorrow they will bless me with more eggs!

Thousand Oaks Family.,, A lot of people firmly disagree with this statement but here goes... I think it's the hormones, the juices flow, their all pretty much the same age, monkey see monkey do....
The reason I am such a firm believer in this is because I'm Medic Mama for an all girls camp. ages 12 to 18. Even the first timers seem to start their periods during girls camp. Just saying... It's a force of nature.
ya.gif
let's celebrate it,,
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
That is fantastic!
smile.png
We had our first on 12/6 (a single brown), 2 on 12/7 ( a brown and a green), 0 on 12/8, and 4 this morning (3 brown, and a green)!

Our two BO's, our ?, and our 1 EE are the responsible parties!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom