My first fuzzy butts- photos :)

katydidit

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
Coop build is underway, and the girls are almost 3 weeks old now!!! I'm amazed at the personalities that they have all developed... never thought chooks could be "pets" but I'm cracking up at the sassy attitudes
love.gif

Here they are at 3 days old when I got them:
79600_img_5863.jpg

The tan with stripes is Peggy, easter egger. The brown girl is Wendy, easter egger. The Black Austrolorp is Lucy and the little yellow girl is my Delaware, Delilah

And here they are today, 18 days old (almost 3 weeks!!) Definitely beginning their awkward teenage phase! lol
79600_img_5880.jpg

Seriously in love. Peggy is by far the most independent, and the biggest girl of them (wondering if she is a few days older than the rest)... but when it comes to play time and I bring them inside with me, ONLY Peggy gets to roost on my shoulder, she runs the other girls off, lol. Hoping she loses her bossy attitude, although its kind of endearing that she is so protective of her momma....

Enjoying life!

Black austrolorp chicks have to be my absolute FAVORITE! I loved the white fuzz on her chest, and even more her fuzzy white bum when she bends over to feed
tongue.png
She is definitely the most awkward looking at the 3 week old phase, and I am quite thankful that the ugly phase does not last long with chickens, lol!

Back
Top Bottom