1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first Guineas!!!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by CaitlinM, Aug 25, 2016.

1. CaitlinM

CaitlinM Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Maryland
    Finally after what feels like forever ... My Olive egger hen hatched 2chicks and 9 ginueas!!! They are so tiny and so fast!!!

2. CityKidChickens

CityKidChickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2016
    That Is Great!!! I am so happy for you. I just got 2 9 to 10 week old guineas. They are very aggressive I have heard when entered in with other birds it wasn't raised with.

3. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Welcome to the world of guineas. I've read that when a chicken raises the guineas they are better behaved then when they are in a brooder or raised by a guinea. I have 2 guineas and I love them. They were in a brooder and then I put them in with the chickens when they were 2 months old. They get along great with the chickens but they do chase the ducks. I think they like to tease the ducks and make them run. They don't hurt them they just run after them. My guineas have not went threw the breeding season yet and I've read they change but so far they are well behaved.

4. CaitlinM

CaitlinM Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Maryland
    I'm happy to hear that that's what I was hoping for! I was hoping to hatch out a few more chicks but hopefully the hen will help them to be calmer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by