my first meaties raising experience-with pictures now 1st post:-)

Quote:
dont know yet-I was so busy with it all that I tried only 1 and she was 3 3/4lbs dressed out -so not bad for 8 weeks -that was a middled size one-They are sitting in water right now over night-Ill weigh them in am:)

Quote:
thank you my hunny-it was great! you HAVE to come to the next one!!!

I have to give credit to my helpers or actually -doers!!!

Davy meadow farm ( Gavin) who brought his amazing huge whizbanger! Love you and so great seeing you again!!!

Purplechicken who took the lead and whipped right throught them-hope your finger heals quickly.love yah!!

Deanners Dh better known as "Thecheckbook" awesome job

John-Brindles Hubbie who is just the greatest guy-just cleaned up the mess and made it look like it never took place-and gutted a bunch of birds to boot!

Mame1616 who also learned to gut and clean

Brindle who joined in and helped clean out too! I cant remember who else jumped in but it drew a crowd and all watched-some in horror-some in excitement-some just of curiosity!!! haha

Thank you everyone-I will never ask you guys to help with meaties again! what a learning expereince!--next year freedom rangers-I hope:)

Your giving me too much credit. That was a great group of people to process with. It was no nonsense and fast & furious. SportsterJeep got the scalder going nice. Gavins plucker and experience with scalding was awesome. The folks gutting kicked butt too.

Thanks to everyone who helped, cleaned up, and even just watched. It's nice to see a group of people interested in the things required to produce your own food.

th.gif

Quote:
thank you my hunny-it was great! you HAVE to come to the next one!!!

I have to give credit to my helpers or actually -doers!!!

Davy meadow farm ( Gavin) who brought his amazing huge whizbanger! Love you and so great seeing you again!!!

Purplechicken who took the lead and whipped right throught them-hope your finger heals quickly.love yah!!

Deanners Dh better known as "Thecheckbook" awesome job

John-Brindles Hubbie who is just the greatest guy-just cleaned up the mess and made it look like it never took place-and gutted a bunch of birds to boot!

Mame1616 who also learned to gut and clean

Brindle who joined in and helped clean out too! I cant remember who else jumped in but it drew a crowd and all watched-some in horror-some in excitement-some just of curiosity!!! haha

Thank you everyone-I will never ask you guys to help with meaties again! what a learning expereince!--next year freedom rangers-I hope:)

Your giving me too much credit. That was a great group of people to process with. It was no nonsense and fast & furious. SportsterJeep got the scalder going nice. Gavins plucker and experience with scalding was awesome. The folks gutting kicked butt too.

Thanks to everyone who helped, cleaned up, and even just watched. It's nice to see a group of people interested in the things required to produce your own food.

Nah your to humble:) I needed someone to take the reigns because of me being so busy and you helped do all that

Sportsjeepsters scalder was great and he could cut fast!-

We did 2 sessions and both times it went Fast even with all new people trying it out.

Gavin does alot of research before buying or doing things so Im not surprised how much he knew-he was like that when he was younger too-always had a good head on his shoulders-except when he hung out with my brother
th.gif

BEFORE:
25181_cimg4719.jpg

AFTER:
Purplechicken sharpening his knife with Sportsjeepster firing up turkey fryer
25181_cimg4753.jpg

Deanners DH "Thecheckbook" dipping meat birds in scalder
25181_cimg4754.jpg

25181_cimg4749.jpg

DacyMeadow Farm ( Gavin) plugging in his Whizzbanger he brought to help us process faster!!!!
25181_cimg4750.jpg

25181_cimg4751.jpg

25181_cimg4755.jpg

25181_cimg4752.jpg

25181_cimg4757.jpg

25181_cimg4756.jpg

Katy Ill get weights before throwing in Freezer:)

Thank you for doing the processing demo, even though I only watched, both me and the hubby (who originally told me he was not going to help AT ALL when we processed) feel a lot more comfortable about processing our 2 ducks come next month. It really helped seeing it done in person, it can't compare to just watching videos online.
thumbsup.gif

weights:)

3 1/2-5lbs 2 oz!!!

mostly all 4 lbers+ but one monsterous one!

We cooked it tonight for dinner:) It was great too I put garlic powder-lawry's seasoning salt-parsley-and fresh ground pepper on it slow roasted for 3 hours-and wallah! Ill post a photo of it when I get a chance:) The rest are sitting in bags in fridge-I cannot get a hold of poultry bags so I have them all in 1 gallon storage bags and then I will put them in freezer bags-think thats good enough?

Back
Top Bottom