My first pickled eggs!

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
Yesterday I made my first batch of pickled eggs (my first batch of pickled anything haha).

I used this recipe to make pink eggs, next time I look forward to trying yellow:

https://food52.com/blog/19398-how-to-make-pickled-eggs-in-every-natural-color-flavor-under-the-sun

I added some extras like dill and garlic. The jar is just a Classico pasta sauce jar I repurposed. It took 35 eggs, and there was still a ton of space so I left more beets in for coloring. I made 40 eggs but little hands kept stealing them haha.

Here they are:
AE435E49-AC5E-4915-BACD-00E33CD0317F.jpeg

Hubby and daughter will try them with lunch, I’m hoping they are a success :)

I had to go to 2 of my least favorite stores, Trader Joe’s and Wholefoods, waste of money IMO but they didn’t have the star anise I needed anyway, I did find it in some weird shop called world market or something, next time I’ll call the local Asian store and ask if they have it, I didn’t think of that until I drove to the grocery store, than 3 other stores haha.

Yesterday I made my first batch of pickled eggs (my first batch of pickled anything haha).

I used this recipe to make pink eggs, next time I look forward to trying yellow:

https://food52.com/blog/19398-how-to-make-pickled-eggs-in-every-natural-color-flavor-under-the-sun

I added some extras like dill and garlic. The jar is just a Classico pasta sauce jar I repurposed. It took 35 eggs, and there was still a ton of space so I left more beets in for coloring. I made 40 eggs but little hands kept stealing them haha.

Here they are:
View attachment 2308319

Hubby and daughter will try them with lunch, I’m hoping they are a success :)

I had to go to 2 of my least favorite stores, Trader Joe’s and Wholefoods, waste of money IMO but they didn’t have the star anise I needed anyway, I did find it in some weird shop called world market or something, next time I’ll call the local Asian store and ask if they have it, I didn’t think of that until I drove to the grocery store, than 3 other stores haha.
They look soooo good. Hahaha. maybe if you want to try a different recipe next time you can put some jalapenos with garlic vinegar and some pickle juice. They will be as good as those.

Back
Top Bottom