My First SilkieXFrizzled Cochin (and friends!) PICS

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
So the one good thing about my white silkie being a roo is that now i can have have lots of silkie Xs! This little one is the first proof that he is now old enough to be having babies.
smile.png
Dad is a white silkie, mom is a grey standard cochin who is not frizzled, but obviously carries the gene for it!

IMG_0350.jpg

"Hi!"

IMG_0364.jpg

"Look at my funny feathers growing in."

IMG_0385.jpg

Denali the guard dog going, "Too close, too close, get away from my face!" (that's my 1 month old silkie with them, fingers crossed it's a girl!)

IMG_0394.jpg

Now that they are all curled up for nap time, Denali's much happier!

It still needs a name though... Hatched May 21 and still no name! That's a first for me, normally names are already picked out before anyone is born...

Denali LOVES them! She's been like that since she was a baby, i got her her first chick at 3 months old, and she has been their best friend ever since! She raises them all for me now. Keeps track of them outside, lets me know if someone has escaped their cage indoors, she just loves being with them. If they get scared they run to her, and she gets worried if somethings wrong with one of them. I had a sick one pass away a couple weeks ago and it was in its own cage on the ground and she stayed by its side for a long time whining and nudging it trying to get it back up. She wouldn't dare do anything to hurt them. Now my duck on the other hand, and the wild geese, they are there for her to chase and harass, but not her chickys!
smile.png
you tell her to "go find your chickys" and she's off hunting them all down and herding them back where they belong.
love.gif

Hi just wanted to say LOVE your chicks but your dog is so awesome!! I to have frizzles. Just love them. Recently got a black one to go withthe brown and white one but got one the is half silkie half frizzle. I think they call them SIZZLES. I am really excited to see what it will look like grown. My brown and white are 4 1/2 months old.

Back
Top Bottom