My flock plans !

reddirtbirds

Songster
Apr 9, 2020
Central Oklahoma
829A41B5-C14D-48D5-A172-E4CA09FE30DC.jpeg
4DFDDCD9-FB0F-4A2E-B824-32516CD02E8F.jpeg

Alright here’s a little look at the majority of my flock! My hope is to use the white EE rooster I currently have to get a fun looking frizzle roo from my frizzled Orpington and Orpington Marans cross hens. I’ll then put whatever offspring I’m happy with over the smooth lavenders and my cuckoo marans and barnevelder hens to make some crazy looking backyard pets! I may also introduce polish into the mix since they’re some of my favorite birds.
And finally my end goal is to wind up with a flock of mostly frizzled hens that I can cover with a cream Legbar rooster.
that’s a lot but it’s where I’m headed lol!

View attachment 2482710View attachment 2482712
Alright here’s a little look at the majority of my flock! My hope is to use the white EE rooster I currently have to get a fun looking frizzle roo from my frizzled Orpington and Orpington Marans cross hens. I’ll then put whatever offspring I’m happy with over the smooth lavenders and my cuckoo marans and barnevelder hens to make some crazy looking backyard pets! I may also introduce polish into the mix since they’re some of my favorite birds.
And finally my end goal is to wind up with a flock of mostly frizzled hens that I can cover with a cream Legbar rooster.
Awesome plan! I love frizzles!

6A26CFB3-DE9B-4E0B-BCF1-3D41A44BDDBC.jpeg

The first chick of the year hatched out a few hours ago! 26 more set in my incubator and eight under a broody Marans to hatch any day now!
Can’t wait to see these babies feather out :ya
I also threw a few EE/polish & EE/barnevlder eggs in the bator as well :}

I love frizzles. I have a SLW frizzle, a GLW frizzle, a Belgian fizzle, an AracaunaXBelgian frizzle & I had a standard Lavender frizzle who I lost this year. Frizzles are a breed out here & she was stunning.
A couple of my frizzles with more regular members of my flock.
20210414_102324 (2).jpg

View attachment 2482710View attachment 2482712
She is a gorgeous frizzled just like my girl kiwi and my boy twix :love :love

Back
Top Bottom