My flock wont let me touch them

At least she didn't poop in your hair! My girls are learning to hold it when I hold them, but it's still a battle upriver with them. I think their want for attention is helping to clue then in that šŸ’© = no cuddles
My Blue used to ride on my shoulders, I likely taught them the bad habit bc a few would just hang out on my shoulder as chicks while I went abt my things to do...
Before and after lol

Attachments

• 20220629_212904.jpg
    20220629_212904.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220423_120554.jpg
    20220423_120554.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 2
My Blue used to ride on my shoulders, I likely taught them the bad habit bc a few would just hang out on my shoulder as chicks while I went abt my things to do...
Before and after lol
I was only able to catch her at bedtime...but at least we have that going...

Someone mentioned earlier that that's when a lot of people catch their girls for medicines or treatments etc...makes sense

Pretty much, but likely you knew that...

Your girl trusts you...
It would seem so. Incredible isn't it. She's an Ex Battery hen. Members of my species have abused and killed billions of her kind, kept them like slaves in scabby little runs, stolen their eggs, denied them the company of their opposite sex and the joy of sitting and hatching their own chicks and bred new "altered" variants in machines.

She's not my girl, but that is my lap she's asleep on.

So, we handled all the chicks a good bit as babies,they are all between 13-14wks now...and they just run at the sight of my hand.... UNLESS...I have treats ...which they eat OUT OF MY HAND šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£, or bedtime I can kinda pet them as they make their way into the coop...

Any suggestions to help them get better used to me?? To trust me??
I hang out with them abt 3x a day for at least 20-30 min
I have 8 chickens that are now 13 weeks old but I have had them since they hatched. What I did was sit in the coop with food and when they had eaten that just sit there and do nothing really and let them come to you and I also talked to them so they would remember my voice when I would feed them. But I can definitely feel theyā€™re teenagers bc they have gone more wild and donā€™t like to be touched as much as they used to likešŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom