My girls aren't so fluffy anymore!

Tangeygirl

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Quiet Corner, Connecticut
My girls will be 6 weeks this Sunday
smile.png
They're still living in a playpen brooder in my living room. They've been off the heat lamp for about a week (as it was in the 90's and humid every single day here in CT!) now the weather has changed, it's chilly--at least I think so. I put socks on for the first time in a week *LOL* It's 60 out now and a low of 48 expected. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind already! Thinking I'll have to turn the light back on tonight
hmm.png

I've taken the girls out a few times outside to play, my kids Little Tikes playhouse came in handy for that!
66494_100_5905.jpg

One of my nearly 2 year old twins was reading his buddies a book!
smile.png

66494_100_5933.jpg

One girl always comes flying out of the brooder to see me when I move the top (a oven rack)! She's a cutie pie!
66494_100_6011.jpg

I truely feel like the crazy chicken lady!
66494_100_5872.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my pics!!!!!!

What type of chicken is the brooder flyer? I have two that look just like them and I have not a clue to what they are. I bought them at tsc. They are the nicest that I have of the bunch. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten more of them.
smile.png

Quote:
Looks like a Delaware, I want one cause I NEED a chicken named Gravy. BUT the DH says I cant have another one til next spring.
sad.png

I cant blame him though we already have 6 6-week old pullets and built the coop for just barely 8 birds.

I think he is on to chicken math.

POOP

Quote:
Looks like a Delaware, I want one cause I NEED a chicken named Gravy. BUT the DH says I cant have another one til next spring.
sad.png

I cant blame him though we already have 6 6-week old pullets and built the coop for just barely 8 birds.

I think he is on to chicken math.

POOP

I know what you mean my fiance said I can only have 5 but when I went to the store I told him, "Well we should get 7 just in case 2 die." Let's just say none died.
smile.png
and on top of that I "forgot" I orderd 6 from the gas station nearby and they called me 2 weeks ago to pick them up. They sent me 3 xtras. 2 passed away. So I turned half of one of our old garages that we don't use into a coop. So now I have 7 , 7 week old chicks outside and 7, 2 week old inside.... oh and did i mention i won an auction on ebay 12 silkie eggs for $6.50 .Just the other day I caught my hubby playing with one in the brooder. He says he didnt want them but we know the truth.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom