My Girls' Hut

View attachment 2353116My husband found an abandoned rabbit hutch on a fishing trip. He excitedly asked if it would 'do'... how could I say no? I'm pretty proud of it all, progress, here's pics as promised5 months ago. I'm still making adjustments too LOL
Sorry I tried downsizing these🤷🏼‍♀️
I recycled old fence pickets, an old door, rails off a wagon, old screen, leftover shingles, fencing and posts, Restore window, two oven racks for secure windows, etc. The nest box got wet so I fitted a piece of siding for the lid, hammered U fasteners to chain shut. I had all hardware and screws; it’s anchored into the shed roof. The only things bought were 2 rolls of hardware cloth and the tarp (hubby hadn’t shingled yet). I made the paint color. I’ve redone their perch 3 times, dry wood broke and the angles had to be adjusted. Note that they do NOT use the inside ramp/steps I worked so hard to install— they just hop or fly from the floor. Silly birds❤️🤷🏼‍♀️😆
I installed a 2nd temporary run with tossed seed or weeds they scratch in. That’s it.View attachment 2353103View attachment 2353107View attachment 2353108View attachment 2353109View attachment 2353110
You're a trend-setter! Just like Frank Lloyd Wright!

It's beyond amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom