My Girls

Peggy-Sue

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hello from Pittsburgh! Me and my fiancee are new to chickens and are loving them ever so much. We got our girls at the end of August. Right now we have 1 Orpington named Darla. 1 Plymouth Barred Rock named Peggy-Sue. 1 Black Sex Link named Gorloia or GG. 1 Wilsummer named Summer. And 1 Welsummer/RIR mix named Pumpkin. Our Sex-link and Plymouth just turned 19 weeks and our Orpington is 16 weeks (She just got her big girl cluck!). Now our Welsummer is over a year old maybe 2. She is the mother of our RIR mix. And our RIR mix was born in April. I would like to say we have no eggs yet
hmm.png
but are eagerly waiting. We would of thought we would of had at least one egg from our Welsummer. When we bought our girls the lady new for-sure the age of Darla, Peggy, and GG however she wasn't sure of Summer and Pumpkin. What do you guys think?

Left to Right
Darla, GG, Pumpkin, Peggy

Summer

I have 15 girls. 5 Rhode Island Reds, 4 Delewares Hampshire x, 3 Buff Orpington and 3 Barred Rock. I just got my first egg yesterday. I am not sure who it came from but some of my girls combs and wattles are much larger and redder than the others. I am sure it is one of them laying. Are those recent pics? Their combs seem small and pink. Might be awhile. I guess they all mature at different times.

Hello from Pittsburgh! Me and my fiancee are new to chickens and are loving them ever so much. We got our girls at the end of August. Right now we have 1 Orpington named Darla. 1 Plymouth Barred Rock named Peggy-Sue. 1 Black Sex Link named Gorloia or GG. 1 Wilsummer named Summer. And 1 Welsummer/RIR mix named Pumpkin. Our Sex-link and Plymouth just turned 19 weeks and our Orpington is 16 weeks (She just got her big girl cluck!). Now our Welsummer is over a year old maybe 2. She is the mother of our RIR mix. And our RIR mix was born in April. I would like to say we have no eggs yet
hmm.png
but are eagerly waiting. We would of thought we would of had at least one egg from our Welsummer. When we bought our girls the lady new for-sure the age of Darla, Peggy, and GG however she wasn't sure of Summer and Pumpkin. What do you guys think?

Left to Right
Darla, GG, Pumpkin, Peggy

Summer
Very nice flock.

Welcome.

There is no way that any of those chickens in the top picture are 19 weeks old. More like the 13-16 week range. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a while to wait for eggs.

Is Summer molting? Are you seeing feathers around?

What age do they usually start clucking and not peeping? Happy Chook, I sure hope your not right lol... The lady seemed to know her stuff she had three or four different coops with different age birds that she hatched over the past year. She had hatch date charts and everything. She sells them for a living. Ill post some better pictures in alittle! Also Summer is not molting (as far as I know). Shes the oddball, she kinda does her own thing. Is that because she is older?

I would also like to add that GG and Peggy are very wide at the hips, I guess I would say they have filled out. They are about the size of Summer. We have had our girls for 5+ weeks now and they have gotten a lot bigger!

Here are some more pictures our our girls! Now what do you guys think???

Peggy we think is 19 weeks

Darla should be around 15 weeks

GG is 19 weeks

Pumpkins age ???

Our oldest Summer we dont know an age, she is the mother of pumpkin

Back
Top Bottom