my goose can't walk or fly

do you know about how many eggs they typical put in a nest before they go broody? This is our first year of having birds old enough to go broody.
Geese hard to say my goose last year had 8 when she went broody, she had laid alot more but I kept taking them till it was warm enough

well an update on my lucy goosie. As far as i can tell she is back to normal. Our gander has gotten into a couple scuffles with our macovies during free range time. And he has tried to mate with her with no success. He is so gentle with her and just gives up. She hasn't started laying again but that;s ok. Our little rouen duck has taken to laying on the nest of eggs at night.

well an update on my lucy goosie. As far as i can tell she is back to normal. Our gander has gotten into a couple scuffles with our macovies during free range time. And he has tried to mate with her with no success. He is so gentle with her and just gives up. She hasn't started laying again but that;s ok. Our little rouen duck has taken to laying on the nest of eggs at night.
That is great news!! So glad to hear she has recovered.

just an update. While cleaning the coop this morning I found 2 new goose eggs hidden in a new nest!! So excited that she is laying again. But i have a question, she had a nest with 5 eggs and 8 duck eggs and they have been out there for about 3-4 weeks, how long can eggs sit in a nest before they aren't good for hatching anymore? should I pull out all the eggs in the old nest or move them to her new nest? I cracked one of the old eggs and they are fertile.

just an update. While cleaning the coop this morning I found 2 new goose eggs hidden in a new nest!! So excited that she is laying again. But i have a question, she had a nest with 5 eggs and 8 duck eggs and they have been out there for about 3-4 weeks, how long can eggs sit in a nest before they aren't good for hatching anymore? should I pull out all the eggs in the old nest or move them to her new nest? I cracked one of the old eggs and they are fertile.
I'd say you should toss the old eggs and let her build a new clutch shes already started with 2 won't take her long to build another.

Back
Top Bottom