my goose is driving me crazy!

Crickett

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Heart of Dixie
She keeps pushing her big goosey body into the chickens nest box! Once in there, she can't get out, so I have to extract her! I've tried making her a nest box just her size, but she keeps trying to use the chicken box! How can I keep her out of the chicken nest, yet still let the chickens nest there? I've tried putting a grate in front, but she still gets in!

She keeps pushing her big goosey body into the chickens nest box! Once in there, she can't get out, so I have to extract her! I've tried making her a nest box just her size, but she keeps trying to use the chicken box! How can I keep her out of the chicken nest, yet still let the chickens nest there? I've tried putting a grate in front, but she still gets in!

Put her goose nest right besides the chicken nest, or move the chicken nest to the side and put the goose nest in that place and place some chicken eggs in there.

My DH fixed the nest box so that she could stay where she was. That's good, because she decided she's broody now. Only we don't have a gander, so no baby goslings. I put some chicken eggs under her, if she hatches them out great! If not, then nothing lost.

My DH fixed the nest box so that she could stay where she was. That's good, because she decided she's broody now. Only we don't have a gander, so no baby goslings. I put some chicken eggs under her, if she hatches them out great! If not, then nothing lost.
You'll have to take any chicks that hatch away or she'll take them in the water and they will drown. Why not try and find her a couple fertile goose or duck eggs. If I was close I'd give you some.

Back
Top Bottom