1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My grandpa said I could quote him on this.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Lothiriel, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    We went over for dinner today, and were just talking random things. We got on the topic of their business (they sandblast monuments) and how a lot of the stones they blast are for very young children/young adults. He said, "Growing old is a priviledge denied many."

And on second thought, he added, "But when you get there you don't think of it as a priviledge!"

He said I could quote him on this if I felt like it. And I thought it was worth sharing, because it's so true.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Your grandfather is very smart.

Imp

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:I agree with Imp on this one!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Only this one?

Impy's disappointed. Thought the brainwashing had taken hold. [​IMG]

5. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hehe, what a smart grandpa. [​IMG] Hopefully growing old for me will bring wisdom. It's already bought a few big knocks, but I like to think mistakes are there to be learned from [​IMG]

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida

Only this one?

Impy's disappointed. Thought the brainwashing had taken hold. [​IMG]

I tend to be resistant to the power of suggestion. I think it is one of the few benefits of ADD. I can't focus long enough to...... ugh ...... I forgot what I was going to say.....

7. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Quote:Not too many headed there think of it as a priviledge, either. Most try to fight all the way! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by