My gut says botulism, but could use some help

Ok here she is a few moments ago!
Happy to see her looking so well! I think my too has botulism. He got sick a week ago. Gave him antibiotics,egg and acv. Yesterday was his first day out of thr box. 3 pictures..... first one last Saturday, standing one yesterday and last one after a walk. Will he recover totally? Any thing else I can do?
IMG_20190107_171450.jpg
IMG_20190109_172024.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190109_172330.jpg
    IMG_20190109_172330.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 5
Happy to see her looking so well! I think my too has botulism. He got sick a week ago. Gave him antibiotics,egg and acv. Yesterday was his first day out of thr box. 3 pictures..... first one last Saturday, standing one yesterday and last one after a walk. Will he recover totally? Any thing else I can do?View attachment 1638298 View attachment 1638299
Sorry about your rooster.

It looks like he has Wry Neck which is a neurological symptom - some causes are vitamin/nutritional deficiency, disease like Marek's or Avian Leukosis and trauma.
You can try vitamin therapy to see if that makes a difference.
Give 400IU Vitamin E daily and 1/2 tablet B-Complex.
See that he is eating his normal feed, he would also benefit from extra protein that contains Selenium - eggs or tuna.

41%2BI3vJ9sIL._SY355_.jpg
upload_2019-1-10_12-17-18.jpeg

Sorry about your rooster.

It looks like he has Wry Neck which is a neurological symptom - some causes are vitamin/nutritional deficiency, disease like Marek's or Avian Leukosis and trauma.
You can try vitamin therapy to see if that makes a difference.
Give 400IU Vitamin E daily and 1/2 tablet B-Complex.
See that he is eating his normal feed, he would also benefit from extra protein that contains Selenium - eggs or tuna.

41%2BI3vJ9sIL._SY355_.jpg
View attachment 1638303
Thank you for the suggestions! Much appreciated.

Happy to see her looking so well! I think my too has botulism. He got sick a week ago. Gave him antibiotics,egg and acv. Yesterday was his first day out of thr box. 3 pictures..... first one last Saturday, standing one yesterday and last one after a walk. Will he recover totally? Any thing else I can do?View attachment 1638298 View attachment 1638299
Oops sorry, I did not see your post till now.
How is he doing today?
What makes you think he has botulism?
It looks like your roosters neck is the only part affected? Am I correct?
Can you tell us a bit more about what is going on?

Oops sorry, I did not see your post till now.
How is he doing today?
What makes you think he has botulism?
It looks like your roosters neck is the only part affected? Am I correct?
Can you tell us a bit more about what is going on?
I was guessing botulism. It started with the head hanging down. He could not hold up his head at all. Runny green poop. Would not eat. I used a syringe to give him antibiotics. Gave him 5 days of antibiotics. It is a week now. He gets exhausted easily. Started holding up his head after 4 days. Gave him vitE today. BUT when eating today he was shaking his head after. Is this an ear thing? Not sure what to do with him. Good news is improving. :wee

I was guessing botulism. It started with the head hanging down. He could not hold up his head at all. Runny green poop. Would not eat. I used a syringe to give him antibiotics. Gave him 5 days of antibiotics. It is a week now. He gets exhausted easily. Started holding up his head after 4 days. Gave him vitE today. BUT when eating today he was shaking his head after. Is this an ear thing? Not sure what to do with him. Good news is improving. :wee
He can hold his head up now and crow! Thanks for asking!:celebrate

Have you looked inside his ears to make sure they are free of debris, infection or mites/lice?

Back
Top Bottom