My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

What kind? You probably said it multiple times but I'm too lazy to go back an search for the answer right now. Coffee still hasn't kicked in yet. LOL

LOL- I know the feeling! :highfive:

They are EE eggs. I don't think I'm keeping any that hatch though.....

........ But that didn't stop me from accidentally thinking "Hmm, I bet these would make great chickens to add to my EE x sultan project!" :oops:

LOL. I'm always tempted to keep one or two, but with EEs you don't know what they'll feather in like, so you may have to keep them all so you can figure out which ones would go best in your project! :gig

LOL. I'm always tempted to keep one or two, but with EEs you don't know what they'll feather in like, so you may have to keep them all so you can figure out which ones would go best in your project! :gig

My thoughts exactly! And of course, if I want to continue with my project, I need more sultans, and another coop to keep them in...... :clap

True. Unfortunately next week I'm working on subtraction. I have 6 cockerels and need to go down to three, then down to 2 in a couple months. Might cull a few others also. Hard, but I want strong stock and only a few layers as pets. If I don't reduce the numbers, I can't hatch in the spring.

True. Unfortunately next week I'm working on subtraction. I have 6 cockerels and need to go down to three, then down to 2 in a couple months. Might cull a few others also. Hard, but I want strong stock and only a few layers as pets. If I don't reduce the numbers, I can't hatch in the spring.

Do you dispatch your birds to eat when you cull them? Also good morning Friday.

Do you dispatch your birds to eat when you cull them? Also good morning Friday.
Hi Linda :hugs

Yes, I do. You can't even give roosters away here, and the swap is full of free ones. Why give them away for someone else to eat? So I dispatch them, skin them, cut them into parts and pop them in the freezer. They usually end up in the crockpot with green chiles when I have enough.

Day 7 candle shows 14/17 eggs are alive..... It seems like this batch is going okay so far.....
fl.gif

Shipped live percentage rate looks good .
fl.gif
Keep on top of temperatures in this heat check it often .
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom