My head was cut off yesterday! (GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION of SURGERY)

Davaroo

Poultry Crank
12 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Leesville, SC
Well actually, two large cysts were removed.

The butcher who took them off, aka "doctor," was a rough sort. He slapped me face down on the table, stuck me with needles to deaden the pain and started cutting.
The more he pulled at the cysts, the tighter my toes curled. since I couldn't see what he was doing, I never did learn what those horrid ripping sounds were.

Then there was the bleeding - head wounds bleed like cut pigs. As the doctor dug and scooped at my head, I felt a trickle of liquid down the side of my head - I thought it was irrigation saline. It wasnt - - it was blood... mine.
I got up from the table, still shaky, to see I had been lying in a platter sized pool of my own blood. And did I mention that I was sweating like a wrestler through it all?
What a mess!

As the nurse was toweling me down and wiping up the goop, she said,
"He's not real gentle - but he's thorough!"

The whole thing has left me with a new outlook on caponizing. Never again will I be squeamish about it.

Last edited:
Holy Crap!!!
th.gif

Wow Dave, Are you okay?? Havent seen you on here much. I was wondering about you..
Take it easy..
hugs.gif

Was your doc a dermatologist? I've never seen one with any kind of a bedside manner! (No offense to any dermatologists out there... there must be good ones somewhere)

Quote:
He was a surgeon, of some sort. Probably a former Army doctor - the entire episode reminded me of when I was in military service.
Funny, but the kind, gentle doctor everyone has suggested locally is a dermatologist!

The trouble is, dermatologists have problems getting insurance to pay. 'Seems much of what they do is considered "cosmetic."
But, when a surgeon is involved, they tend to pony up.

Quote:
Yeah Im good. Thanks. It was harsh, but a real toughener upper, too.

I bicycle commute to work most days, about 25 miles. When I asked him if I should take a day or two off from work, he said,
"How far do you ride that bike? 25 miles? Naw - dont worry about it. If you can handle that - this is nothing. Go on back to work!"

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

One of my favorite surgeons is a dermatologist.

He has the bedside manner of a coroner! But he's good and I like straightforward and blunt from my docs. Sorry he was rough on you Davaroo!!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom