My hen has a weird thing sticking out of her butt

Allright i have to make cookies so when i'm done i will go check on her. But after we put it on she started make a high pitched sound, is it like burning or something?

Edit: I went to go see her while waiting for the cookies to get done, and i didn't see anything (except the white clumps of fur) but usually i have to be holding her to see it.

2nd edit: I went to check on her again but the thing is still there so it seems we have to put the thing in manually. Also do you need a plastic glove to do it?

Last edited:
So how is she doing??
pop.gif

Were you able to push the prolapse back in after cleaning her??

plastic glove or not your choice just have clean hands. it is really not a big deal, you might as well get used to nursing chickens cause when you own them from time to time you have to help them.

Alright, we put it back in, but is it important to keep her separated because she sometimes screams if she doesn't have her friends by her.

Quote:
As long as the prolapse is back in then she'll be fine with the flock. Just keep an eye on her for a few days in case she prolapses again. Was it easier then you though it would be?

Well it seems it came back out today, so would i have to keep doing it until it finally stays in?

Yes, gently push it back in every time it comes out. If it doesn't stay in, a vet can do a stitch inside to keep it in. You have to stay on top of this and not wait a long time to push it back in. Try gently pouring some sugar water on it, too.

Back
Top Bottom