My hen has crackles whilst breathing in and out.

NO Dr. Google. BYC is the accumulation of information , full of people who have been there, had that , and what they did. Do a search on BYC. You are still a chicken mom. I would treat them all with whatever you use. Not sure if she inhaled water or is sick. One will diminish day to day. Any OTC stuff or all herbs and such will not if they are sick and heading to death. Not knowing what they or her has, IMO my go-to med is Tylan .
NO Dr. Google. BYC is the accumulation of information , full of people who have been there, had that , and what they did. Do a search on BYC. You are still a chicken mom. I would treat them all with whatever you use. Not sure if she inhaled water or is sick. One will diminish day to day. Any OTC stuff or all herbs and such will not if they are sick and heading to death. Not knowing what they or her has, IMO my go-to med is Tylan .
Dr Google was more like different chicken care websites, forums and FB groups...a lot like this one.

Brand new chicken mom to two 16 week old hens. Got them 6 days ago. 2 days ago, one girl started sneezing. Now she's got loud crackles when breathing in or out. She's eating and drinking, acting normal and laying (I think.) No discharge from eyes or mouth. Started nutridrench in water today. Wondering if there's anything else I can do?

I'm 42, but have literally owned chickens for 6 days. Thank you for providing a name to the lab, and the link. Might be related so... I noticed the other hen had worms. Long thin white ones, in her poo. Noticed on Sunday. Did 3 days of treatment for both girls in water, goat dewormer, based on as much research as I could online. Started with nutridrench in water today, to try to help the girls kick the shock of transport. Super dark now, but I have and omlet cube and 13 ft run. Dumor laying pellets for food, small tray with a handful of scratch daily, plus oyster shell and grit out in separate trays of their own.
Welcome To BYC!

Can you get a video of the hens so we can hear them? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Photos of the poop (and the worms) would be good too, your hens (pullets really if they are only 16wks old).

You did a 3 day treatment of Safeguard for the worms at what dose?

How much ventilation is in the Omlet and what type of bedding are you using?

Back
Top Bottom