My hen has no wing and she is still ALIVE!!

It's so nice to hear a happy ending story - I have a pullet that I am nursing back from something I don't even understand - I don't know if she has nerve damage or had a stroke or what but she is slowly recovering.

I think animals truly know when we are doing our best to save and help them get better and I truly believe they try to show us affection in their own way to thank us.

Some of you may think that is a hokey sounding statement but I believe it's 100% true.

I have some but they are blurry. I will try and get some better pics this week. It has been raining the last couple of days.

I am going to put her in the coop with her friends sometime this week for a couple of hours. Just to see how she does. If she does well then I will leave her in there. But if they start picking at her, Brian said he would build her a chicken tractor. He built one for our rooster and it is like the hilton. LOL !! He knows how much I love her. She is my baby. Even though some people on this thread thinks I am being cruel. I really didn't think people would be cruel on BYC but I guess there are a couple that don't have anything better to do then hurt someones feelings.

Thanks to all who have supported my decision to keep sweet girl.

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

Don't worry, there will be enough positive support for you and your girl. We will help you through this terrible thing you are going through. Don't waste your energy on the negative. Its your girl and if you feel like you are doing right by her than more power to you.

One thing though, I wouldn't rush putting her back with the others. Give her enough time to heal up good. Prayers to you and your girl.

SARA

I just saw this thread for the first time. I am sooooooo glad your girl is doing better. I practically held my breath reading through the posts, afraid someone would talk you into putting her down. You will find there are some on here who think that is the answer to every problem. It is not. If people can live minus an arm or leg (or all of the above) I KNOW a chicken will be fine without a wing. She is a beautiful girl and I am very happy she is still with you!!!

GUESS WHAT????

My sweet girl LAYED an EGG today !!!!!!

Sounds like to me she is doing just fine.

To all my peeps out there !!

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

It has been raining all day. And sweet girl layed an egg in the rain. She usually doesn't lay an egg when it rains. LOL ~~!!!!!!!

She is my little miracle.

Back
Top Bottom