My hen has no wing and she is still ALIVE!!

looks like she's adapting well! if the rain lets let her scratch around a bit. im very glad to see that she's alive and well. and thats cool that she laid an egg! she must be feeling alot better thanks to you!

Quote:
I have been playing with my two baby pot bellied pigs today and look what I missed.

WOW it looks like with all the praying going on it has done some good, and your girl is a "big girl." Does she have a name because Miracle girl is sounding real good about now. Run it by her and see what she thinks. lol

Good work mama, hang in there and enjoy that egg.
Keep us posted and we are here if you need us.

I am very grateful for all of the positive support I have received for everyone. Sweet girl layed another egg yesterday. She really wants out of that cage. But I am not ready to put her in with the others. Sara said it would be better to keep her in there a little longer. I am going to try and make a little cover for her wing this week and then put her in the coop for a couple of hours next week. She really missing a peeps. She isn't far from them but churps at them. And they churp back. It is really cute.

Thanks again everyone.

Another egg, wow your girl is busy. I know you are up there on cloud nine. That is just amazing.

You want to keep her seperated so that the other birds don't peck around the wound and possible get bacteria in there. It will keep your chances down on infection. Chickens peck at the ground, in poop and stuff. You don't want to take a chance and get that in there. Plus you will be able to keep her wound cleaner by haveing her away from the others. Even something she could possibible get in there herself.

Have you thought about what you might do if your other birds don't accept her back because of her injury? Hopefully that will not happen. I know its hard because you know your girl wants to go back with her friends.

I thought of something last night I forgot to tell you. Now that her wing is missing this will through her balance off so if you see something like this don't let it freak you out. It scared me when it happened to Sadie.

I still have the prayers going.

SARA

I let her out to roam a little this morning and she seemed to do fine with walking. And she still eats out of my hand like she did when she was little. She stays on the roost most of the time. She is scratching on the ground now. Which is a good sign.

Thanks again Sara for the kind words. You are truly a awesome BYC friend !!!
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom