My hen is crowing!!!!

Well....Betsy ended up proving to be a Brett. Sadly....we took her to my friend who has a farm who got me into chickens to begin with. The chicken formerly known as Betsy....is freeranging at my friend Lisa's house. She started full on crowing like the little cartoon character that was a scraggly rooster on Tom n Jerry (cartoon from back in the day...) It seems my flock is whittling right on down. I don't like it. I miss him/her already.
sad.png

I'm1chickencuddler :

Well....Betsy ended up proving to be a Brett. Sadly....we took her to my friend who has a farm who got me into chickens to begin with. The chicken formerly known as Betsy....is freeranging at my friend Lisa's house. She started full on crowing like the little cartoon character that was a scraggly rooster on Tom n Jerry (cartoon from back in the day...) It seems my flock is whittling right on down. I don't like it. I miss him/her already.
sad.png

So sorry for that....we have a cochin rooster who is doing the same thing at our friend's house!!! We have a 4 week old cochin, who we REALLY want to be a hen! We have 8 others in that group...some we are sure are roosters and some we are sure are hens....this one, we are sitting on the fence about.....as we REALLY want to keep it, a beautiful buff....we are holding out till the bitter end and praying that we NEVER hear a crow!!!!​

I hope it works out for you. Brett, the chicken formerly known as Betsy, is doing just fine. My friend has a bunch of chickens that get to free range on her horse farm. She has an established flock and is planning to incorporate the new girls when they are fully grown. She has a few juvenile roos that will be kept separately from the main flock. I think she plans on alternating who gets to free range on what different days. She is going to have a bachelor pad. As for my flock....they are doing wonderful. I love them and so does my daughter. One of our most favorite pastimes is sitting out there. I am breeding mealworms for them now. A fast favorite treat. I think it is hysterical when they jump up on me. I sit in my chair and at any given time I have 1-6 hens on me. FUN!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom