my hen stopped laying cold turkey

Yes, they can. You said you lost a chicken? Shat could be a stresser if they were close. I have a rooster that I have to bring in the house once a day to see his favorite hen because she went broody and he got depressed. He would pace back and forth in front of my door because that was the last time he saw her, when I started his 5 min a day visit he started acting like normal again.

Yea they were always together, and followed each other around. Didn't know chickens were sentimental. They do have good memories.So, we will continue to wait for eggs to start up again. Thanks all for helping us trouble shoot.

Just keep an eye on her and make sure that she doesn't get egg bound. Other than that all you can do is wait. They are strange little things.

All are good, and she seems to have all of Herr feathers and fluff. We had very hot temps the first couple weeks of August and lost our other chicken shortly after, and thasts when she stopped. The other one had diarrhea and then maggots. No sign of maggots on these two. Can they molt VERY lightly?

Yes they can go through a slow molt.

Yes, they can. You said you lost a chicken? Shat could be a stresser if they were close. I have a rooster that I have to bring in the house once a day to see his favorite hen because she went broody and he got depressed. He would pace back and forth in front of my door because that was the last time he saw her, when I started his 5 min a day visit he started acting like normal again.

Too true they do mourn.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Good luck with your hen.

Back
Top Bottom