My hubby is a downer -- he said absolutely NO bantams or silkies..

Too bad he feels that way. Not even 'just one'? Tell him they eat a lot less feed than the large fowl. And still produce eggs. And don't take up very much room... And 'but honey, they are just so CUUUUUTE.' Have you discussed it again since he first said 'no'? Mention every so often that 'sigh' 'but it sure would be nice to have 'just one' silkie.' Don't give up. Wear him down. Too bad that in an adult relationship it has to be this way, but, we all know the realities. Is he really adamant about no bantams? or, do you feel like, just maybe, you could change his mind after a bit? Do you have any other pets that don't lay eggs? Compare silkies to them... (can you tell that I have lots of experience changing someones mind about things?)

Don't give up!! To me silkies are worth their weight in gold for the 'different' and 'cuteness' factors. Of course I have tons of land to spread out on, and affording chicken feed isn't difficult for me. (Besides, the birds who free range go through almost no feed, especially in the summer)

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom