My husband found a dog today...UPDATE..Owner was not nice

Quote:
You won't return someone's dog ever again?

I hope that wasn't what she meant, that seems a bit over the top to me.
hmm.png

Noooooooooooo, that is not what I meant, I do dog rescue transport for a GSD Rescue, trust me, DH and I go above and beyond to return dogs and find them homes when they are abandoned. I was speaking hypothetically, that I hope it never happens again, my DH was just about torn up, so I expalined what everyone had written, and he was very OK with it now that he had another way of looking into why the dog did that. So, all is good. And, we are all praying that the dog was just a little bit sensitive to her situation

The owner was probably ticked that his day hunting had turned into a day hunting his dog, and the dog may have fed off that.

Quote:
I have a feeling what you were seeing was the dog, being sensitive (as you said before, in a later post). Dogs will often become submissive and display "nervous" seeming behavior after contact with their owner after some time. I have seen this often in dog training facilities I have worked at where the dog is kept for a month from the owner. The submissive ritual is normal in wolf and dog packs after the leader returns. An already sensitive/submissive dog will naturally do this behavior weather the dog was abused or not. More often than not the coclusion that a dog was abused is wrong.

Quote:
My dog's like that too - but she's a rescue that was abused. When we had her in obedience class, the dog trainer said that "the dog doesn't know when it's done something wrong, it's only reacting to your body language." He's obviously never happily walked into a room and seen my dog go diving under a table, because she's chewed open the Parmesan Cheese container (she loves Parmesan). She always reacts with her scared/guilty routine before I discover she's done anything wrong - and at that point, all I do I clean it up and ignore her for a half-hour or so anyways.

Whew...................being a dog trainer (and an excellent one, from past posts I read) I really thank you for that, because it is such a relief to hear.................I highly value your opinion
My DH was quite upset, this will make him feel better

My female is very soft. She will howl and cry like you are beating her if you raise your voice at her. I can imagine what my neighbors think of me sometimes.
roll.png

Glad you found the dogs owner.

ran into a guy we know in town a couple of weeks ago. He had picked up a nice shepard mix dog off of the highway. Took it to the animal shelter that is in our town.
Next day listening to the sheriff's report for the counties it came up that this shepard mix was stolen from where it was suppose to be.
lol.png

I called the sheriffs department and told them who picked up the dog and where he took it. My hubby called the guy and told him the cops were looking for him for "dog theif"
lol.png

dog made it home.

Dog could've been cowering because of the collar. I'll bet it wasn't a home boundry collar, but a range hunting collar that the owner could zap when the dog was in range. UGH.
Slinky

Back
Top Bottom