My Husband is Threatening to Ban me from Craigslist

Quote:
I see you are just north of me.
big_smile.png

I am going to be posting on Craigslist soon. Whatcha looking for?

I am selling a couple TVs, a treadle sewing machine, about 150 LPs, books, videos, kitchen chairs, etc.
I was planning a yard sale this weekend but the weather dictates otherwise.

So if you are near by and wish to be enabled......
gig.gif

*ETA-a stack of tires for whatever, some 4 x 8 chain link panels and maybe a 77 dodge motorhome for parts.*

Last edited:
SHHHHHHHHHH, the wife has not found craigslist yet. Ebay was bad enough, but now she is mad at them (yippie).

She always asks for the local "horse trader", a little newspaper with all the auctions, and "deals". It comes out on Thursdays so I distract her until Sunday.

I mean come on. When I hear " I am going to xxxx to look as some stuff and i will be back this evening" I panic.

Last time she did this she came hone with nothing. Problem is the next day I had two miniature cows delivered. Gee honey, what are these little guys.

Oh nothing, just a few little things I picked up.

Ban ? I think take the computer away would be a better idea, but then again there is that "swap meet".

Quote:
Hi, it's me. How are the little Faverolles cockerels doing? Are they becoming adjusted to their new space or do you think they miss mama hen?

Are you serious that your husband is threatening to ban you from Craigslist, or that he would be upset that you have more chickens, or are you joking?

I can never tell whether people are kidding or serious, but I'd like to know.

Hi, it's me. How are the little Faverolles cockerels doing? Are they becoming adjusted to their new space or do you think they miss mama hen?

Are you serious that your husband is threatening to ban you from Craigslist, or that he would be upset that you have more chickens, or are you joking?

I can never tell whether people are kidding or serious, but I'd like to know.

They are doing great I don't think they can miss Mama Hen since my Mom is constantly talking and checking on them. She is no doubt where I aquired my chicken addiction from. They have been given names Wellsley and Division after the intersection we met for the transfer. She continually gives me updates all day long while I'm at work. My husband was even talked into by my Mom to going over there this afternoon to make a roost for the lil guys. Since my Mom noticed they were fighting over sitting on top of the waterer.

On the note of rather my husband is threatening to ban me from Craigslist is serious or joking its more of a joke.
big_smile.png

He isn't upset that I got more chickens since he is a closet poultry (almost typed chick but thought that would look bad) lover. He complains about them till its time for us to get rid of them than he insist we keep them and he goes into mass coop construction or addition building. LOL
Plus he is like a kid waiting for Christmas when we have eggs in the bator or under a broody. The real dead give-away is the fact he has pictures on his cell phone of the chickens.​

Last edited:
Quote:
They are doing great I don't think they can miss Mama Hen since my Mom is constantly talking and checking on them. She is no doubt where I aquired my chicken addiction from. They have been given names Wellsley and Division after the intersection we met for the transfer. She continually gives me updates all day long while I'm at work. My husband was even talked into by my Mom to going over there this afternoon to make a roost for the lil guys. Since my Mom noticed they were fighting over sitting on top of the waterer.

On the note of rather my husband is threatening to ban me from Craigslist is serious or joking its more of a joke.
big_smile.png

He isn't upset that I got more chickens since he is a closet poultry (almost typed chick but thought that would look bad) lover. He complains about them till its time for us to get rid of them than he insist we keep them and he goes into mass coop construction or addition building. LOL
Plus he is like a kid waiting for Christmas when we have eggs in the bator or under a broody. The real dead give-away is the fact he has pictures on his cell phone of the chickens.

That's great! And you've even named them and built them a roost. Wow! I found homes for the last two this afternoon--they will be the gentlemen roos to a flock of lady Delawares in Rathdrum, ID.

All six went to a good home. I kept one and I have to wait and see if he works out with my current small flock, or not. It depends on my OEGB cockerel. If he does not try to attack the Faverolles cockerel everything will be ok. I may not know the outcome for several months.

Keep in touch!

I love HiDelight main one justification for shopping on craigslist.
I have a billion justifications for shopping for things there

if you ever need any just ask

main one

why on earth buy something for full price when there are so many things available for so much less

My Dad grew up during the Great Depression and my Mom was born during. I'm one of my parents 1970's model. My siblings and I have alway's joked that my parents had so many kids and staggered so they could have a steady free manual labor supply for a few decades on the farm. That said I have never bought a brand new pair of blue jeans in my entire life. My Wedding Dress was even used from guess where? Craigslist of course. Opps will have to edit my list for I bought that in March 2008. I also save all types of containers and bread wrappers I know that drove my husband nuts. He no doubt thought I was some type of crazy hoarder at first. However he uses them easily enough. But why throw something out that can be reused. I also never buy any grocery items unless its on sale or I have a coupon ideally both. I'll come out of the grocery store with a shopping cart full of food sometimes two when a typical shopper will spend the same $50 bucks and get 2 bags maybe 3 if lucky.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Say it darling man say it!
gig.gif

My husband would ban me too and then proceed to take away all news/advertising/classified medias and drive me to and from work.
lau.gif

With my wife being preggers I am practicing the ancient art of silence. Monks ain't got nothing on me.

Quote:
Yes, pallets are great resources for building all kinds of things. Raised Garden beds, cold frames, chicken houses/tractors, goat/calf pens, donkey house, compost bins, stack hay and wood on are just a few things they can be used as.

Back
Top Bottom