My incubator

Ankron

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Oklahoma

Made it out of some wood leftover from a house we are building. Put some led lights with a switch to see what's going on and put the incukit on today running at 99.7 temp and hum at 49%

i have just built a bator out of Styrofoam,an i got a thermometer from I,F,A. just some thing to lay on top of eggs but i don't know hoe to tell the humidity in my box any suggestions

Yes, you need to get a hygrometer. You can buy thermometer/hygrometer combo from pet stores in the reptile section or some hardware stores (Wal-Mart). But, just to let you know, I bought a couple and tested their accuracy and all of them were off by a lot (ie: should have read 75%, but read 50%, one read 100%). The cheapest one I bought was $9 that I purchased at a local store. If you look on incubating on the forum I think it is call "Incubation 101" it will give you this info and tells you how to check accuracy of thermometer and hygrometer. Good luck!!

Started some lavender Ameraucanas! Fingers crossed
Ohhh, those sound lovely. Are they blue eggs? I am getting more BCM, Welsumers and Ameraucanas today. I will set them as soon as my one lonely BCM hatches. I want to let them sit for a day or so because they are shipped eggs. How many are you setting? I would love to see pictures when your babies hatch.

Back
Top Bottom