My journey!

Zoohtasim

Crowing
Jun 7, 2021
Hello everybody. I had another thread about this called 'Possibly Aggressive Cockerel', you can check it out for info. But let me summarize it, I had a plan of raising chicks from a selected mum and dad, and I separated them into 3 clutches. One had 4 eggs, the other two had 6 eggs each. The one with the 4 eggs made them hatch on July 17th. The other 2, I am still waiting. I thought I might as well make a separate thread about this. Here they are -
Screenshot_20210717_170929.jpg

So, today. Their mother died. I dont know how but this always happens to me. I hatch chicks, mysteriously their mother dies. Doctor over phone said old age but I am not really sure. So, I ended up keeping them with me. Thats all for this post. Keep praying for them

One cause of death in brooding hens is excessive mite infestations. Have you checked for this problem?
Sorry I haven't checked, I was not home for a while. I was travelling. I just came home today, did chores, then this happened. But if that is the reason, how can I protect the babies?

Back
Top Bottom